Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My life is the same as the last time I wrote.....crazy as crap.

Well, it's time for me to admit something.  I need to stop the Music Monday contest until I can get my crap together enough to post more regularly.  I can't blog at home right now because of the two fake kids I have.  I can't have them finding out about my blog.  And work has been crazy busy and I haven't had time to write up a post here.  I need my job to pay for the house that keeps falling apart (yes, something else is going wrong with my house - more on that in a minute) and pay for higher utilities, etc. while I have temporary fake kids so I can't get in trouble at work by blogging.  I even spend my lunch hours doing stupid stuff like chiropractor visits, making calls for the kids to figure out stuff, etc.  So I'm going to put Music Monday on hiatus.  And this post is going to be short and quick because I am busy, busy, busy and I have to stampede to physical therapy in 10 minutes (so ignore all the typos I'm sure you will find).

Before I forget, do y'all want to have the Third Annual Atlanta Satellite Birthday Party for June at my house?  I'd love to do it!  But here's the thing.  Her birthday is the 13th, right?  I have my younger brother's family in town that weekend (2 adults and 2 MORE KIDS) and I can handle quite a bit:  I've handled working full-time while having a humerus broken in 4 places, I've lived in a house during major construction, I survived 10 years with my crappy ex-husband, and I'm currently surviving parenting two fake kids and a geriatric cat with chronic diarrhea , but I'm scared I would crumble into a heaping pile of crying if I had two fake kids, a family of 4 staying in my house and a party to throw all in the same day.  Could we do it either the weekend before or the weekend after?  I'm guessing the weekend after would be better because the weekend before is kind of close to July 4th and people may have plans.  I will probably still have two fake kids, but the girl one normally works on Saturdays and the boy one would probably be completely terrified of a house full of women and would most likely stay in his room all day and ignore us (and it's okay because he seems to enjoy staying in his room and ignoring me unless he's eating everything he can get his hands on, making a mess somewhere in my house or needs me to drive him somewhere).  There is also a VERY slight chance my mom may be in town that weekend but she would love to meet y'all and I can put her to work

Speaking of physical therapy (I was two paragraphs ago so try to keep up), guess who I saw last week at therapy?  No, it's not a celebrity even though my therapy place treats the professional Atlanta soccer team and Broadway dancers (not that I would know any Broadway dancers if I saw any).  I saw Google maps dude!  I was squeezing something or stretching something or, you know, something, and I heard a guy next to me say, "HEY!!!  How are you?  I remember you!"  And I looked and said, "HEY!  I remember you too!  Look at us - both back in therapy again!"  We chatted off and on throughout our session (he and his wife are expecting their first baby any day now) and suddenly I found myself asking, "so, is your Google maps picture as awful as you thought it would be?"  And he said, "huh?"  For a minute I thought I was losing my mind but I asked him if he wasn't the guy with the boob sweat, NASCAR hat, tool belt wearing Google maps photo and he exclaimed, "YES!!  That is me!  And it's truly awful.  But it will only be on the internet for 4 more years!"  And then he proceeded to walk behind the counter with one of the therapists so he could pull the photo up and show it to me.  Y'all, it is the most hysterical thing I've ever seen on Google maps.  And yes, I made a mental note of his address and I pulled it up here at work a couple of days later when I was having a bad day and it made me laugh all over again.  And no, I'm not going to tell y'all his address here on my blog for you to see it because that would be a super crappy thing of me to do, but if you come to the birthday party I will try to remember to show it to you at my house.

Did I tell y'all two of my bathtubs have started leaking in the past couple of weeks?  Yes, my house still hates me and also thinks I have a money tree growing in the back yard to keep paying to fix crap that breaks every single time I turn around.  Also, a shelf in my refrigeratore fell apart last weekend when the girl fake child was opening a drawer.  That shelf is probably tired of getting such a workout with as much as these kids eat.  And do you know what she said, "I'm hungry.  Can't you fix that after we eat?" as I was trying to fix the shelf that she knocked apart.  If looks could kill......

And crap, I now have to fly out of here to get to therapy and I promise I will try to finish this post tomorrow.  I have so much more to tell.....don't those of you not on facebook with me want to hear about how I found two gnawed up ribs and an empty condom box in the street in front of my house last night?  Okay, well, that's pretty much the whole story.  But I have more stories from the past two weeks.  Like how someone got shot a block from my office today while I was at lunch.  And my feet.  A story about my feet.  Riveting stuff.

11 comments:

  1. June's Birthday is July 16th, same day as my son Paddy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crap, that's right. I always get her birthday and my cousin's son's birthdays switched.....

      Delete
  2. I swear to God, if I win a lottery Ima help you out big time, Beverly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And if I win first, I will help you out! (I very rarely play so you should probably be saving for your retirement though.)

      Delete
  3. Beverly,
    I personally think hosting a party with two fake kids in the house is too much. How about next year when HOPEFULLY fake kids are long gone.

    Really, how long is this fake kid business going to go on? I'm worried about you and feel like you are being taken advantage of and yes, I was going to end that sentence with a preposition. Are you supposed pay for their food and utilities, too? Too, too much in my opinion. But, that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that the fake girl child has a job we've established that they pay for all of the groceries (including what I eat) in exchange for staying at my house. They also help me clean toilets and they vacuum and mop my floors which is worth almost a million bucks per week to me. We are working things out.

      Delete
    2. I'm glad to hear they are contributing to their upkeep and helping you with the chores.

      Delete
  4. As much as I would love to party at your house again, I must agree with Sadie. Let's wait. How long are the fake kids going to stay with you? I was thinking the same thing...are you getting any help feeding the two bottomless pits (their stomachs)? Perhaps, you need to consider charging them rent, like to help with your utilities and groceries. Is dad sending them any money? Okay, I'll shut up.

    I was at the traffic light at the corner of your street and Moreland. I told my mom I had a friend that lived on that street. Come to find out, her aunt and uncle lived on your street years ago. She doesn't remember their house number. And for some strange reason, I was thinking about all the things you have had to repair on your house. Have you ever seen the movie "Money Pit"?

    I want to hear about your other adventures. Never a dull moment around you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee, I appreciate you and Sadie being concerned about me. We're working things out though.

      As of right now, I don't actually know how long they will be staying with me. It depends on if the girl fake child gets a job that pays more than what she's making currently and if the boy fake child gets any sort of job at all.

      And yes, I think about the Money Pit movie at least once per week. Sigh.

      Delete
  5. Beverly, I don't know how you do it. You are so super busy all the time, I get exhausted just reading about your life. It is so very funny though, you are a great writer. I wish I lived closer so I could come to the Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, how far are you from Atlanta? Someone here in Atlanta can give you a place to stay if you can get here!

      Delete