Monday, November 5, 2012

Meat and potatoes. I'm too tired to think of a better title than that.....

Okay.  Apparently my cat is just an asshole.  Because I spent $300 I really don't have right now at the vet last week to find out there is nothing wrong with her.  Every single test they've done has come back normal except her white blood count was a tad elevated.  So I guess she's just fighting off some sort of infection which has been blowing out of her butt and making me panic.  And almost barf on a number of occasions while cleaning up after her.  I'm now out the $300 at the vet, a set of sheets, and my comforter, all of which I washed three times and cannot get clean.

We started working in our new temporary office spaces today.  And we are all very pissy about it.  My one boss HATES his office.  And they lost his gigantic leather desk chair during the move.  And his desk set up is not comfortable and so his arm is aching when he types on his computer.  And the person who was in his office before him left a bunch of crap behind.  And a few of his desk drawers will not open.  And there's no hook for him to hang his coat so I have to hang it in my cubicle.  (Believe it or not, this boss is normally one of the most easy going, non-complaining people you'll ever meet.)  And my other boss has a GIANT round pole in the middle of his office so he HATES HATES HATES his office.  Seriously, this pole thing is so large I could not reach my arms around it if I tried.  And my phone didn't work and they didn't hook my printer up to my computer.  They just plugged it into the wall and left.  And they lost one of my largest boxes of stuff and as of 6:15 when I left the office tonight it's still missing.  So Monday went well.....

But last night I finally got to talk to my Hot Brazilian.  Yaaaaayyyyy!  When he gets back here in late December/early January y'all are going to see a whole different side of me.  The side that is happier and is getting the world's best hugs and has someone to lean on.  And hopefully the side that is way less whiny than I have been lately.

While we were talking though, he told me something and it made me second guess whether I'll ever be able to kiss him again......

He and a couple of friends had to go deep, deep, deep into the Amazon for some work related stuff  which is one reason I didn't hear from him for a while.  Do y'all know how easy it is to find internet service that deep in the jungle?  It's impossible because it doesn't exist.

Do you know what else doesn't exist? 

Restaurants.

They had taken rice, beans, etc. with them but he got tired of eating that constantly.  So they started catching their own fish to eat. 

Then they got tired of eating nothing but rice, beans, and fish.  Hot Brazilian wanted to sink his teeth into a giant piece of meat.

He sent me the name of the animal they hunted, chased into a river full of snakes, and killed to eat.  And I cannot even tell y'all the name of it because it is disgusting that they ate this thing.  It's nothing we have here in the US that I'm aware of so there is no need to try and guess.  But trust me.....when I Googled it, I almost barfed just thinking that they ate it because it said what animals it's most related to (and no, I'm not telling y'all what it's related to either).  He says it tastes like pork.  I told him I would starve before I would eat it.

And now I have to try and forget about it or I will never be able to kiss the lips that had such a disgusting kind of meat pass them.  Oh.  Y'all.  I can't believe they ate this thing......

Which leads me to this week's Music Monday theme.....

Meat!

The song(s) you submit must contain a type of meat in the title (ham, steak, hot dog, chicken, etc.) OR the animal a meat comes from (pig, chicken, cow, etc.)  You can also submit songs with a food that would likely contain meat (burrito, taco, fajita, etc.)

Can't wait to see what y'all come up with! 

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like your temporary offices will be such a "joy" for everyone, but I am glad that Bailey passed her tests. Here's hoping she returns to excellent health pronto. As far as your Hot Brazilian's jungle diet, I go by the theory that sometimes it is just better not to know...

    Jambalaya (on the Bayou) - First recorded by Hank Williams, but this is the version recorded by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJX3F3XqL9c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disco Duck - Rick Dees (This song would have been appropriate for the humorous or even ludicrous category.)

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=97RjuC9YeXg

    Tennessee Bird Walk - Jack Blanchard & Misty Morgan (This song is just ridiculous!)

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-OrVQaqkg0

    Hope these nutsy songs cheer you up at least a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the Land of the Pigs, The Butcher is King by none other than MeatLoaf himself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooohhhhhhh, I wish I was an Oscar Mayer Weiner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meat Me in St Louis.

    Sorry, that's all I got.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hambone, hambone where you been. I don't know if that's the real name of the song, I just know I heard my uncle sing it when I was a young child.

    The Chicken Song.

    Have you tried adding bleach to the wash with your soiled sheets and comforter. If you have goose down in that comforter I'm not sure it will do well with bleach, but if it's a synthetic material it might do okay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jimmy Buffett's Cheeseburger in Paradise

    Hall & Oates' Maneater


    And every kid's favorite:

    On Top of Spaghetti!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Spam Song

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8huXkSaL7o

    T-Bone

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA6UM0ZM6r4

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gotta be "Chili Dog" by James Taylor

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGiv1t3Reg8

    ReplyDelete