Monday, December 2, 2013

Drama. Laziness. Gross food.

Happy Monday!

Did all of you have a great Thanksgiving?  Did you get trampled at the Walmarts at some point over the weekend?

I don't understand any of you people who think Black Friday is fun.  I don't like shopping on a normal day so I really don't want to go out in the middle of the night and stand in a long line for a bargain.  I'd rather pay full price than do anything related to Black Friday.  I did take advantage of Cyber Monday this morning and got a big part of my Christmas shopping done.

On Thanksgiving Day my brother came over and he, fake daughter and I went to my neighbors' house.  We had two turkeys, a ham, and all the sides and pies along with a Dutch vegetarian, 5 American vegans, 4 kids, fake daughter experiencing her first Thanksgiving, family drama due to a family death (neighbors' family, not mine), an annoying guy who is always there and no one likes him, someone got scared at some point the annoying guy was going to steal their car, a dead car battery that ended up not being dead after all, the Dutch vegetarian had to leave and go to another house and there was so much drama at the other house he decided to come back to hang out with us, the annoying guy drank all of my Fresca I had brought so I ended up drinking 3 glasses of wine and got a massive headache but talked everyone's ear off.  In other words, it was crazy but awesome in every way.

When we got home I had to ask my brother to help me move a table from my garage into my house.  I went to a store last weekend to get some Christmas paper plates and napkins but came home with a new side table/console for my dining room.  Spontaneous shopper?  Who, me?  I struggled to get it out of my SUV by myself so I knew I couldn't get it in my house.  My brother loves coming to my house - he gets to move furniture, change light bulbs in my high ceilings, etc.

On Friday I had nowhere to be and nothing I absolutely had to do so I stayed in my pj's all day long, lounged around on the sofa with a blanket and a cat on top of me and watched TV and slept all day.

It was so awesome that I did the same thing again on Saturday.  Seriously.  I think this is what heaven is going to be like.  Or maybe retirement.

By Sunday I was kind of bored after lounging around for two days.  But I still stayed in my pj's.  I do not put on a bra to hang around by myself at home all day.  I managed to do two loads of laundry, cooked my lunches and dinners for the week, and put up all of my Christmas decorations and my tree.  I'm pretty sure this is the earliest I've ever done that in my life, however, I went through an 8 year period of hating the holidays because of a whole big drama filled situation with my ex-mother-in-law who was pure evil dressed up in a pair of pants.  Seriously, that woman was horrid.  So for 8 years I put up no decorations so perhaps if I had put up decorations in those years I would have done them earlier at some point.  I highly doubt it though.  Two years ago I had to go buy all new decorations because I had given all of mine away.  I still hate New Year's Eve.

I did start Bailey on her ground up raw chicken organ diet and it is quite possibly the most disgusting thing I've ever seen in person to watch her eat it.  It looks like slimy raw ground beef.  Yuck.  Thankfully I can't smell it.  It's all I can do to look at it when I feed her.  You know those nature shows where a lion catches something and the first thing they eat is the bloody organs?  Yeah.

The first morning I started her on it, the food had not thawed completely so I was running the package under some water with a disgusted and grossed out look on my face (I admittedly have an overly sensitive stomach - I once threw up because my trash smelled kind of bad).  She stood at my feet sniffing and crying because, "OMG, I'm deprived and I need that food right this very second or I might die."  It was still frozen and she could smell it.  Let us give thanks our noses can't smell like a cat.  She loves the stuff.  What she doesn't love is the fact that you give them a portion and it has to be eaten fairly quickly (which is no problem since she inhales it and then cries for more) so she only gets food twice per day as opposed to having a self feeder like she's had for 14 years where she can eat anytime she feels like it.  We may end up homeless trying to pay for this new stuff, but hopefully this will cure her problems and she won't be pooping all over our cardboard box we end up sharing one day.

And we'll end it on that pleasant note.

4 comments:

  1. Amen, sister, on Black Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do Black Friday either. Cyber Monday I will do. But I had to work so I only got in a little bit if online shopping done. Hope to find more online sales today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The luxury of staying in your pajamas all day! Sounds like the perfect way to spend the long holiday weekend. Instead, I hauled the Christmas tree and many containers of ornaments and decorations from the basement. After setting up the many years old prelit tree, I discovered that I could not get sections of it to light. So off to Big Lots I went to buy strands of Christmas tree lights to add to my supposedly prelit tree. Yes, it took two trips to get enough lights. But I finally got the tree completed decorated before the weekend ended. Now I just have to finish decorating the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't do Black Friday either. I'm with you on the shopping...I hate to shop. I usually know what I'm looking for when I do shop and get thoroughly disgusted if I can't find what I'm looking for. Bah humbug! I don't decorate for Christmas. It's two days out of your life, the day you put all that stuff up and then another day to take it down and put it away, so I'll just pull our my little tiny tree out of the attic, prelit and predecorated and put it on the table in the den.

    "...and she won't be pooping all over our cardboard box we end up sharing one day." That just about killed me...split my sides!

    ReplyDelete