Monday, October 29, 2012

Poop happens. And sometimes it ruins your Monday night.

This is going to be short because I have had a day.  And a night.

I finally finished packing the client files in my office today that have to be sent to our off-site storage.  One of my bosses was moved this past Friday so he called and emailed me all day about stuff he was missing, stuff he can't find on his new temporary floor, stuff that wasn't working, etc.  Then we had trick or treating for the children, grandchildren, etc. of our employees so I had a bazillion kids coming through my door asking for candy.  One of my co-workers was crying most of the day because she had to have her dog put down on Saturday and I felt just awful for her.  Then one of my bosses told me that his wife had called him and she had found their dog dead in his bed early this afternoon.  So relaxing and non-emotional was what today was.

All of this was going on while I knew I had to take my sweet Bailey to the vet tonight because she has had some tummy issues for a couple of weeks and then I saw blood on the floor twice this weekend and I have no clue which end it's coming from.

I got to the vet at 7:15 and we finally got called back at almost 8:30 and we sat in the waiting room with 3 big dogs and yet my sweet little cat was howling and crying the loudest of any other creature in there.  And I finally got back home at 10:15.

The vet cannot figure out what's wrong with Bailey, but Bailey is not happy with me at the moment.  She had a rabies shot, another vaccine that gets shot up her nose, a thermometer stuck up her butt, a doctor's finger stuck up her butt, got wrapped up in a towel, and this cat does not like to even be petted anywhere other than her head.  Also, she apparently cannot go more than 2 hours without food because when I let her out of the carrier, she shot like a cannon to her food dish as though she hadn't eaten in days.  Drama queen.

So now I get to attempt giving pills to Bailey twice a day for the next 9 days for her loose stools AND guess what else?  When the doc stuck her finger up her butt it came out clean so she couldn't get a stool sample.  So I get to scoop up cat diarrhea into a vial, keep it in the refrigerator to keep it as fresh as possible, and stampede to the vet with it when they open so they can test her for kidney problems, thyroid problems, and a bunch of other stuff.  And if any more blood shows up on the floor I get to scoop that up too.

It's true what you've heard about me.....I live a glamorous life. 

So let's make the theme for this week's Music Monday.....poop! 

Just kidding.

Let's make the theme be humor because I need some.  We have hurricanes, winter storms, cat diarrhea, packing, dealing with my dad's estate and his not very nice wife, and so I think we could all use a little humor.  Submit the funniest song you can come up with.  We all could use a good laugh, right?

2 comments:

  1. Oh Beverly, I have the two funniest songs ever for you right here. No need to look at any other comments, the winner is right here!

    Check out Sesame Street's Captain Vegetable at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmjLqddPqZQ

    and after the G-rated Captain Vegetable, watch this one:

    Justin Timerlake's Dick in a box from SNL

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IA_aHsER6c

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Bailey will be okay. Good luck with giving her the pills.

    The Mississippi Squirrel Revival - Ray Stevens (I first typed Rat Stevens)

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=K16fG1sDagU

    ReplyDelete