Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Look at me posting before Friday! Or Sunday!

Surprise!  I'm posting the Music Monday results in a somewhat timely fashion this week.  I know!  Shocking, isn't it?

This isn't going to be a long post because I'm exhausted quite frankly.  I was packing up and moving boxes of files all day at work (remember we are renovating our office?  I have to move out of my office in a month and get three bosses' offices packed up and moved too).  Then I had physical therapy tonight and I had to do 30 pushups (I honestly don't think I've done 30 pushups in my entire lifetime all added together before tonight), 45 bicep curls with a 7 pound weight (almost died), 60 tricep thingies with a stretchy band (easiest part of the session), I had to bounce a weighted ball against the wall with my hand above my head for 2 minutes (thought my arm would fall right off), and various other stretches, band exercises, rode the hand bike for 8 minutes, and then had the painful soft tissue work and joint manipulations done by the therapist.

After that I went to the grocery store and bought a week's worth of stuff, then stopped and got gas. (Atlanta peeps, do y'all ever go to the Quik Trip on Sidney Marcus near 400?  I've never been there when you don't have to wait in line to get to a pump.  Even at 8:30 on a Wednesday night.  It's insane.)   By the time I got home, unloaded my car, put the groceries away and made a piece of toast for dinner it was after 9:30. 

I'm beat!  So let's get on with the Music Monday results because it takes a while to upload all of these videos.  Then I can go take some Advil PM in order to be able to move my arm tomorrow and go to sleep.

Y'all had some great submissions and I've had a hard time choosing.  But here's what I decided:

First place is a tie:

Just Paula for Midnight Train to Georgia.  LOVE this song:


And Lisa Pie for Fast Car.  Another favorite:


Second Place is also a tie (because I think I had a pretty good submission myself and I'm sorry if it offends anyone but I do love this song) - Highway to Hell:


And also Just Paula again for some good ol' Willie Nelson:


Third Place goes to Sadie for her Steve Earle submission:


Thanks for playing again this week!  I'm going to shock y'all and post again this week.  You just wait and see.  Assuming I can lift my arm to type tomorrow.....

3 comments:

  1. I was going to comment that Paula should win with the Midnight Train to Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Beverly. It's always an honor to be among this crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Late to the party to say YES! That QuikTrip is always packed. I go to that Target and I always think, oh I'll just run get gas at that QuikTrip. NEVER happens.

    ReplyDelete