Monday, September 10, 2012

Trying to come up for air and trying to act normal again

Okay, I know I haven't "talked" at y'all much in the past two weeks since I've been dealing with my dad's passing, but I can't talk much today either. 

I’m busy at work because one of my bosses just got back after a week of vacation and he was hiking in a canyon (to which I said, “that is not my idea of a vacation at all”) and had no email or voice mail access so we are playing major catch up today. 

And I have someone coming to my house to cut and color my hair tonight so I may not be able to post after work either depending on how late she’s working on me.  Don’t I sound like a snot?  I have a stylist coming to my house because I’m too important to go to a salon.  (Not really.  In case y’all actually believed me.)  She is my friend’s niece and she used to work in a salon but is now working somewhere else and trying to build up a side business doing hair so she comes to your house and let me tell you how happy I am that she does.  I have not had my hair cut and colored since January.  January, y’all.  Being in a body brace and cast with my broken arm for over 3 months, coupled with all of the crap that I’ve had to fix in my house and co-pays for doctors and physical therapy, etc. I just haven’t been able to go get my hair taken care of.  I have some brown, some reddish highlights, some dark roots, lots of gray, etc.  It is a hot, hot mess.  Well, I wouldn’t actually say it looks very hot.  But it’s a mess.  The girl stopped by my house Saturday to see what color she needed to buy and she very diplomatically told me that it’s going to be a challenge to straighten out the color situation I have going on.  Y'all keep your fingers crossed that I'm not too much of a challenge for her....

I did want to get back to Music Monday though because I'm trying really, really, really hard to start feeling at least the tiniest bits of normalcy again in whatever ways I can muster.  My dad’s death has really knocked me for a loop in so many ways.  So let’s play!  This weekend in Atlanta, we finally felt the tiniest bit of autumn in the air.  It was in the high 50’s/low 60’s in the morning and even though that’s a little too warm for my taste, it did make me feel a little bit more energized than the past many months of walking outside at 8:00 a.m. to find it in the 80's already with 90 percent humidity.  So this week’s theme is:  Fall!  The title(s) of the song(s) you submit must contain a word associated with Fall (leaves, chill, crisp, an autumn month, etc.).  As usual, I have a few songs in mind.

13 comments:

  1. See You In September

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRGLjzFHa40

    Autumn Leaves

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yWgSzoAT3Y&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frank Sinatra September In The Rain
    http://youtube/757LjrGaYLI

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season) by The Byrds.

    Hope your hair turns out well. So glad to see you post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. October Road

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFkUrVIJY18


    I "FALL" To Pieces (bahaha!!)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG-8uZg2uV0

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harvest Moon by Neil Not So Young

    October by U2

    Cool Change by Little River Band

    September by Earth, Wind and Fire

    And I would mention that one by the Mamas and the Papas but I detest listening to them so I am trying to not think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first thought was Autumn Leaves, but Just Paula beat me to it. I'll have to think about this and get back to you.

    Welcome back. Hope you are happy with your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LisaPie I was going to suggest The Mama's & The Papa's California Dreaming, however as I go over the lyrics in my head, it's California Dreaming on such a winter's day. Not fall, but winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back, Beverly! Is Wed too late to play Music Monday?

    Autumn in New York

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50zL8TnMBN8

    ReplyDelete
  9. "When Then Leaves Come Falling Down" by Van Morrison.

    ReplyDelete
  10. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QboHdYDgd4
    Van Morrison....

    ReplyDelete
  11. My stupid Mac has stopped notifying for new posts, so I just noticed this...ugh!
    I'll sit this one out as these are great songs and I can't think of any more.

    Glad you have someone to do your hair at home. I do house calls for some of my clients who can't get out. If it helps make life easier for you, especially right now, go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hugs to you, Beverly, as you face even more of the emotional rollercoaster caused by your Dad's passing. I'll be thinking of you.

    The only two songs I could come up with have already been mentioned by Just Paula. So Marylou and I'll be sitting a spell on your front porch admiring your flowers until next time.

    ReplyDelete

  13. Regarding your comment on June's blog: Talk to a estate lawyer. Sometimes debts can be forgiven in the event of a death.

    ReplyDelete