Friday, July 27, 2012

I thought Friday was never going to get here this week.....

Y'all are not ever going to believe this, but I've made it one whole day without preparing a single overnight package.  My boss just told me that we are past his cut off and if a client sends something for a mailing at this point, we will not send it out until Monday.  Besides, we are now in the middle of our Friday Afternoon Song contest so that is way more important.  (Aaaannnnndddd obviously as I was typing this, I just got an email that I have another mailing on Monday.  So I told my boss I think I'm going to be sick on Monday.  So he said he'll save it for Tuesday.  Isn't he sweet?)

I think I may have finally fixed my internet at home but I will see what happens by the time I get home tonight.  It was almost midnight when I got it working last night and I love y'all and everything, but girlfriend was exhausted after working, grocery shopping, doing a little yard work, and working on the stupid internet so I went to sleep instead of writing to y'all.  It went back out during the night (I couldn't sleep so I was going to play Words with Friends instead of writing to y'all) but it was back on this morning before I left for work.  If it's back out tonight, I'm going to see if my cat can fix it.

I'm going to cut this a little short because I'm at work and trying to catch up on stuff.  I was supposed to go to a party tonight which would have probably given me some great material for y'all, but this week has kicked my butt all over the place so I'm going home and watching tv.  Because I'm exciting is what I am.

I will try to write over the weekend if the internet cooperates and tell y'all about some other craziness going on in my life this week.  And I may try to do the home tour in photos y'all were asking for.  And I'm also going to work on getting my sense of humor back after surviving this horrid week.

Without further ado, here are the winners FINALLY from that song contest I started way the heck back on Monday.

First Place:  Tie

Mary Lou for Celebration by Kool and the Gang.  One of my favorite songs in the whole world.  Just try not to dance along to this.  And Mary Lou, I chose a different video because the lady at the beginning of this one cracks me up fanning her face from the special effects: 



And she tied with Karen for LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem.  LOVE this song!



Second Place is another tie:

Anonymous (was that you, Patti?) for Punky Reggae Party by Bob Marley and the Wailers:


And me!  I told y'all I like the Beastie Boys, right?  You've Got to Fight for Your Right (to Party)



And Third Place goes to:

Karen for Prince - Party Like it's 1999.  And I think we've established it's next to impossible to find Prince videos anywhere online.  But I did find this little bit of awesomeness.  Uhm, hmmmm.  Not sure what to say about this.



Updated:  I just won First and Third Place in our Friday Afternoon Song contest here at work.  But I'm not telling y'all what the theme was and what songs I submitted in case I'm slammed on Monday and steal the same theme idea.

2 comments:

  1. Hey...yes it was! I forgot to sign my name!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beverly! The video was a hoot...the face fanner AND Mr. Clappy.
    Great songs!
    Chill out this weekend, y'hear?!

    ReplyDelete