Monday, July 23, 2012

Worst blog post ever. After a week of no blog posts. I can see why some of you keep reading here.

Oh. My. Goodness.  I did not forget y’all, but life was very uncooperative in blog writing this past week.  I last blogged on Tuesday, right? 

Between Wednesday and Friday I sent out almost 300 overnight packages and got completely behind on all of my regular work because the law is trying to kill me.  Our paralegal is out on a leave of absence which, you know, helps matters even more.  I worked through my lunches which is when I try and blog sometimes and I had stuff almost every single night after work last week.  Two nights found me not eating dinner until 11:00 pm.  And I already have another 110 overnight packages to send out today.  All today!  Happy Monday to me! 

I was going to blog over the weekend, but my home internet would not work for more than 10 minutes at a time and I was completely out of patience to try and write an entire blog post on my cell phone.  I think I need a new modem but who the heck has time to go buy a new one and hook it up?  (Well, I actually had time on Saturday but I could hardly get off my couch because I was too exhausted to move.)  But I’m trying to squeeze in a short post before I start preparing overnight labels.  Again.  I’m grateful for my job, but geez.  This is ridiculous. 

By the way, Tee, I wanted you to know that I did get the dress to Amsterdam Neighbor’s daughter and she loved it!  I told her to send me a picture from her trip to Amsterdam and I will send it to you when I get one.  They left yesterday and will be gone for almost a month so I have no idea when I’ll see any photos. 

Okay, after missing it for the past 2 weeks, let’s get straight to the Music Monday Contest.  Because then I need to go have my mad torrid love affair with Fed Ex and UPS.  Since all I have been doing is working, that’s kind of all I can think about.  But I don't want to think about work.  So let’s think about June and her birthday some more.  She is celebrating a lot so let’s have a happy theme this week:  the song(s) you submit must contain a word in the title having to do with partying or celebrating.  As usual, I have a number of songs in mind, but let’s see what y’all come up with.  There are TONS of songs I have in mind actually.  This is an easy theme.  I need at least one thing to be easy in life this week.  Oy.

Off to stuff my packages!  So to speak.

6 comments:

  1. LMFAO: Party Rock Anthem
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ6zr6kCPj8


    Hope this week gets better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Beverly, blog whenever...you're worth the wait!

    Celebration.....Kool and the Gang
    Party Like it's Your Birthday.....Richie Loop, Busy Signal and D'Major

    (......can't keep my em, en or wtf dashes straight. BA!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miley: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M11SvDtPBhA Party in the USA

    I looked for a link for Prince's Party Like It's 1999 and couldn't find one. I did love that song. Actually drove to Greensboro from Southwestern VA. just to see him in concert. While he was still Prince - not the artist formerly known as Prince :)

    I'm with mary Lou, em, en, lmop! dashes are dashes, right? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it has to be dredged up from the past:

    (My Girl Likes To) Party All the Time by Eddie Murphy & Rick James
    http://youtu.be/bDbpzjbXUZI

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an oldie and brings back a lot of memories.

    It's My Party
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms_pIR9gK1A&feature=related

    I'm so glad Little Amsterdam loved her dress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's Have A Party - 1957 - Elvis Presley
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB9_aWP6mMg

    Funky Reggae Party - 1978 - Bob Marley and the Wailers
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4rpRVnwVQU

    "Celebrate" -1969 - song by Three Dog Night
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO_R5puXs6E

    ReplyDelete