Monday, July 2, 2012

On the road again (and that song is disqualified since I just gave it to you)

Coming at you live from the booming town of Gilmer, TX! Or the cow fields is more like it. I'm definitely a city girl so I'm kind of in culture shock if I'm being honest...

We are "heading into town" in a few minutes which is something I am not really accustomed to saying since I live in the city limits of Atlanta.

So to get here yesterday, we drove half way across Georgia, all the way across Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and about an hour into the great state of Texas.

This week's Music Monday contest theme: the song title(s) you submit must contain any of the states we rode through or anything having to do with road trips (car, road, highway, driving, etc.).

I have a few songs in mind as usual, but can't wait to see what y'all come up with.

I will never send this week's winner a yellow rose. Yellow Rose of Texas unless you didn't catch that reference...

Sent from my iPhone. It's telling you because it likes to take credit for everything I do.

9 comments:

  1. Ima give you two:

    Born to Be Wild, Steppenwolf

    I Can't Drive 55, Sammy Hagar

    Have fun "in town!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love road trips!

    Luckenbach Texas- love me some Waylon and Willie
    Mississippi Bound- Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Devil Went Down To Georgia- Charlie Daniels

    Not a contender but I wail along when I'm driving- Lake Charles by Lucinda Williams

    We used to drive to Lafayette and Baton Rouge
    In a yellow El Camino, listening to Howling Wolf...

    Did you run about as far as you could go?
    Down that Louisiana highway, across Lake Ponchartrain...

    Hope you're having a good time- Give'er in Gilmer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,

    Safe travels please. We are talking you.

    My entry:

    Take it Easy by the Eagles

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. One more since Helen already said Born to Be Wild!

    "Ballad of Easy Rider" by the Byrd from Easy Rider

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNjzzDNIJWw

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd

    Georgia On My Mind (Georgia's state song) - Always think of Ray Charles singing it.

    The Mississippi Squirrel Revival - Lyrics - Ray Stevens

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv0LOTnH_Cw

    "Texas in My Rearview Mirror" Mac Davis--always think of this when i drive through Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SADIE TOOK ALL THE RIGHT SONGS!

    "Rainy Night in Georgia" by Brook Benton.

    Good thing you are in TX, it cooled down to 100 degrees today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Life is a Highway" by Rascal Flatts

    "Roll on down the Highway" by BTO

    "Drivin' My Life Away" by the one and only Eddie Rabbitt, may he r.i.p.

    and last but not least "Drive me to drinking if you don't stop driving that hotrod Lincoln" by Commander Cody and his Lost Planet Airmen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Highway Song by Blackfoot

    Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete