Thursday, August 23, 2012

Apparently I live in a day care?

I really was going to blog last night and post the winners of Music Monday.  But then Wednesday happened and I was in just about the worst mood of my life by the time I got home from work.  I was feeling stabby.  I cried at work.  I kind of hated everyone. 

I arrived home, had a crazy conversation with another weirdo in my ‘hood when I was getting my mail (if you’re on Facebook with me you may have already read about it, but basically a guy walking down the street kept insisting that my house looks like a child care place and he found it very difficult to believe that it’s just a house someone lives in and I really don’t understand what in the heck he was talking about and neither did his wife or girlfriend who was with him) and then I watched videos about painting techniques until I could take my mind off work and all of the assholes I dealt with yesterday.   I hate weeks that make me feel like I do right now.  And no, it’s not PMS.  That was last week.  I am pretty much hanging on by a thin string waiting for this weekend. 

Let’s move on and talk about Music Monday results….There are so many good songs with colors in the title!  A few of the songs with red in the title I had thought of are Little Red Corvette (Prince), Little Red Rooster (Rolling Stones, Etta James, etc.), Red Mosquito (Pearl Jam), Red Solo Cup (Toby Keith), and Lady in Red (Chris de Burgh).  For black, I came up with Back in Black (AC/DC), Back to Black (Amy Winehouse), Black Horse and the Cherry Tree (KT Tunstall), Black Magic Woman (Santana), and Black or White (Michael Jackson).  Purple Rain (Prince), Brown Eyed Girl (Van Morrison), Crimson and Clover, Ebony and Ivory, Dirty White Boy, oh y'all, I could go on for days naming songs with colors in the title.

But let's move on to the winners:

First Place:  There was no question in my mind who was going to win when Just Paula submitted Black Betty.  My mom's name is Betty and when I was at my dad's last weekend for dinner, in some strange turn of events, my brother brought up a story about a time when my dad started singing Black Betty to my mom in the car over and over and over and she was apparently becoming more and more angry by the second.  My dad nor I even remember this happening, but I can certainly imagine how that whole event might have played out.  I'm not picking it because it irritates my mom, Betty.  I'm picking it because I love the song and we were just talking about it.  And because it shocks the crap out of me that my dad ever knew of this song.  (He was more a Willie Nelson/Waylon Jennings kind of guy when we were growing up.)


Second Place:  Mary Lou for Brown Sugar by the Stones.  Because really?  How could that song not place?  Have you ever heard this song and not started singing along or dancing?  I'm not sure that's possible.


And last, but certainly not least, Third Place goes to Lisa Pie for Jimi Hendrix and his Purple Haze.  Because I can't imagine talking about songs with colors in the titles and this not being in there:


Here's hoping y'all agree with my choices.  If not, it's best not to say so in the comments seeing as how I'm feeling stabby this week. 

5 comments:

  1. I am lucky to be in such great company as Paula and Mary Lou. Hope you are feeling less stabby soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope by this time tomorrow night you will be totally relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was seriously having a brain fart with this one because really...how in the tarnation could I not come up with even ONE of those classics. And Purple Haze? Now that just makes me want to stab MYSELF!!

    Congrats JP and LP!
    I still have that Sticky Fingers album but I think the zipper's broken.
    Thanks, Beverly and I wish you a Non Stabby Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better by now. It's hours into the weekend. Day care? Your house does NOT look like a day care. It has soooo much character and charm.

    ReplyDelete