Monday, August 6, 2012

I can't even think of a title I'm so exhausted right now.

Holy smokes y'all.  I wish I had even a little bit of fun stuff to write about. 

Do y'all want to hear about MORE packages I've sent out?  I sent out 165 sets of crap today.  Our mailroom manager told me that last month our firm sent out around 1,000 overnight packages.  We have over 200 people at my firm.  I sent out 800 of the packages in only two weeks of the month.   I think I deserve some sort of award.  Not that I've ever wanted to earn an award for Most Overnight Packages Produced in One Month because it is a sucky way to earn something.  And between last week and today, I'm on a roll to repeat in August.  Gah.

It is almost 7:00 and I'm still at work.  Don't worry, I clocked out before I started writing this.  I'm not cheating my firm.  I'm posting from work because my internet is still all screwed up at home and who the heck has time to take off work for the cable people to come fix it with 800 overnight packages to send out?

So, moving to another subject.  Except I can't think of any because my life has revolved around overnight packages, screwed up internet service, a huge storm last week that knocked out my power one evening and made a giant mess of my yard with limbs and stuff blown all over it that I spent most of Saturday cleaning up, and I went to breakfast with some friends Sunday morning and by the time we got through eating our eggs we had all three lost 35 pounds because we sweated so much because the restaurant became insanely hot about half way through our meal.  One of my friends is 8 months pregnant and let me tell you how miserable she was.  Actually, I'm not going to tell you.  Because I am already writing such a great post here.  Let me carry on about hot pregnant women and that will make you all beg for more writing out of me.  But my life lately does sound like some exciting crap to blog about, doesn't it?

Oh, I did think of one thing I can blog about but I don't feel like writing it all out at the moment.  June Gardens was talking about ....Ned and his restaurant ordering and it reminded me of something Hot Brazilian always does when we go out.  Well, when we went out.  We don't go out currently since he's in the middle of the Amazon and I'm in the middle of an Atlanta 'hood.  But I'll try to remember to blog about that sometime.  (I know I titled a post recently as being the worst blog post ever.  But now this one is.  "Let me tell y'all about something that I'm too tired to write about!  And that has happened in a while!"  Great post indeed.)

I did go home Friday night, went upstairs to change clothes (into my pajamas even though it wasn't even 7:00 p.m. yet because I am over here living a glamorous life), and I yelled, "Son of a bitch!"  I'm sorry for my language but that's exactly what I said.  Out loud.  Because do you know what?  My air conditioning wasn't working.  I JUST spent over $1,300 fixing the downstairs a/c in May.  And then I said, "$#@&*(" and also, "&^#@!)*&".  Because really?  I've spent almost $7,000 fixing crap in my house between January and July.  After the cursing stopped (and it took a while), I thought, "well, it's just going to have to be hot up here because I cannot afford to fix another broken a/c unit right now."

Then I said, "Ohhhhhhhh, I'm such an idiot."  Because it turns out the battery was dead in the thermostat.  But it took me a few minutes to figure that out and I was livid until I did.  Now I am of the belief that two AA batteries should be the way to fix everything that breaks in a house that is 92-years-old.  I would say way fewer bad words if that were the case.

But let's move on again and talk about Music Monday Contest.  "Finally", you are all saying.  Make her stop complaining about her craptastic life.

Someone said in the comments recently that my house should have a name.  (Right now you don't want to know what I'm calling my house with everything breaking around me from one day to the next.)  So I'm going to let y'all suggest some names.  The title of the song(s) you submit must contain a person's name that you think is an appropriate name for my house.  It can be a girl or boy name.  I guess I'll be judging this week based more on the name than the actual song.  So go ahead and submit some really bad songs with really awesome titles if you want.  And maybe you will come up with the name for my house.

Can't wait to see what y'all come up with!  I have a few songs in mind myself.....

12 comments:

  1. Bless your heart! (in a good way)

    Hope your home internet gets fixed soon. And the packages slow down, and that nothing else breaks any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house definitely needs a name with all that character it has. What year was it built? 1920? Do you know who the original owners were? I know I need to shut up. I'm so glad your A/C only needed two little batteries. I would have been really upset as well if it wasn't working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm thinking Roxanne would be a fun name for your home. For the simple reason that it's by The Police and with you living "in the middle of an Atlanta 'hood" and all :) Of course you would have to sing her name every time you said it "ROOOOOOOXANNE"........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omigod, Beverly. You are due for a nice big windfall. Although I hesitate to mention any kind of FALL in relation to yourself. Anyway, some kind of break is deserved!

    How about Layla? She's gotcha on your knees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Georgia Brown - Ben Bernie / Isham Jones / Ethel Waters

    Dinah - Ethel Waters / Cliff Edwards/ Revelers

    These songs were popular in the 1920s.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You Can Call Me Al.

    As in:

    If you'll be my bodyguard
    I can be your long lost pal
    I can call you Betty
    Betty when you call me
    You can call me Al

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond

    Now for songs popular in the 20s:
    If You Knew Susie - Eddie Cantor / Cliff Edwards (Because you obviously know Susie much better than anyone else.)
    Honey - Rudy Vallee
    Margie - Eddie Cantor / Ted Lewis
    Louise - Maurice Chevalier
    Ida, Sweet As Apple Cider - Red Nichols
    Toot Toot Tootsie (Goo'Bye) - Al Jolson. When you leave for work, you can sing the "Goo'Bye", but when you arrive home, change it to "Toot Toot Tootsie (Hello)".

    ReplyDelete
  8. In the name of all that is holy, why on EARTH is your firm sending out so many overnight packages????????????????

    "Breaker" would be a great name for your house. Or "Breaker Manor". :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am with W. Lotus........what do you do there at the firm ?
    And what is in all those packages ??

    (Good Golly) Miss Molly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Money Pit. Heee. I know that is not funny to you, but I just couldn't resist.

    I think the ole girl needs a ...female name.

    ReplyDelete