Thursday, August 2, 2012

Fed Ex is the love of my life. Well, it thinks so anyway.....

Well, I'm doing a tiny bit better than last week.  I'm posting the Music Monday winners on Thursday instead of Friday......

My internet still doesn't work at home on any type of consistent basis so I haven't been able to blog to y'all from there.  Thank goodness for having Facebook, email and games on my phone though.  I can hardly remember what life was like before smart phones, laptops, etc.  I guess it was a lot calmer and I read a lot more. 

The college student I'm renting my guest room to for the next couple of months moved in Tuesday night.  And last night she went to a party and didn't come home.  That sounds like she's wild, right?  She's actually not.  She told me ahead of time she was staying at her friend's since they were throwing a post-finals/birthday party.  And guess what?  She didn't know the birthday person.  I told her it was just like me throwing a birthday party for someone I don't know and who wasn't even at the party! 

Guess what I did yesterday? 

Just guess.

Overnight packages!  Woot!

This is what it looked like when I first started this past two weeks with its plethora of mailings.  Nice and neat and organized.  This mailing had multiple larger enclosures so I spread out in a conference room:


And this is what my office looked like yesterday afternoon.  After we've sent out now almost 800 overnight packages in two weeks:



You can see a little bit of my poor office mate in this next view from my desk.  She's wearing all black because she's mourning the loss of our neat office.  The brown cardboard box thrown all willy nilly on top of the packages?  That's what the enclosures for yesterday's mailing were sent to us in and I was angry at it so I threw it down when I had emptied it:

Oh y'all, I wish I could even try to explain how tired I am of mailings right now.

Okay, on to the Music Monday winners:

First Place goes to Mary Lou for The Clash - London Falling:


Second Place honors belong to Sadie for Randy Newman - I Love L.A.


And Third Place goes to the judge this week.  And I tied with myself for two songs.  I'm like a knot.  I'm a pretzel.  I'm tied up, man.

The Doors - L.A. Woman


And Deep Purple - My Woman From Toykyo


Thanks for playing along this week everyone! 

Guess what I'm about to do?  Go eat lunch and then?  Then I get to go to a meeting about mailings.  Seriously.  You want to trade lives with me right now, don't you?

3 comments:

  1. This reminds me of the air traffic controllers' strike in 1981 (I know you don't remember that you are too young). We fired almost 2500 controllers and it was a lot like your mailing project, except we had to mail out two letters (the proposal and then the decision), so by the time we finished we had produced and distributed almost 5,000 letters. It was an administrative nightmare. I can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beverly, thank you for the 2nd place honors and congratulations to Mary Lou for 1st place and to you for 3rd. I certainly hope you have a restful weekend planned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Beverly! This is always such a fun challenge, with the wracking of the brain and trying not to just Google. Which I did with Moscow, but it was so ridiculous I couldn't help myself.
    Congrats, Sadie and also to you... you knotty pretzel girrrl!

    ReplyDelete