Wednesday, June 27, 2012

If one more thing breaks I'm going to seriously consider selling my house.

Okay, first off is a confession:  today is not turning out any less crazy than yesterday but I’m typing this in a Word document so that it looks like I’m doing, you know, actual work, because I don’t foresee being able to blog tonight after I get home from PT.   And then I’m going to copy and paste it all into my blog. 

You know how I told y’all I cut my grass on Saturday and sweated buckets?  I honestly only cut my backyard and then I almost died I was so hot, so the yard work I referred to in last night’s post was cutting my front yard.  And as I was almost finished, do y’all want to know what happened?  The handle fell off of my mower.  It just fell right off!  I have a reel mower (retro, human powered with no gas or electric if you don’t know what that is) because my yard is small and I know how dangerous I might be if I was storing gas somewhere in my garage.  So after the handle fell off, I had to pick it up and carry it back to my garage because I couldn’t push it.  Not unless I bent over almost to ground level and squatted all the way down my driveway and I’m pretty sure my neighbors already think I’m crazy.  I cannot find the nuts and bolts and screws in my grass so yes - I have a lawn mower that I just bought two or three months ago sitting in pieces in my garage because my house is cursed and keeps breaking everything. 

I also mentioned that my non-crackhead neighbors will be at the party on July 14th.  There is one couple who have parties and get togethers quite often and they have invited me over to their house approximately 5 times in the last 3 months.  I have not invited any of the neighbors to my house.  And I figured the more the merrier so I asked them if they wanted to come.  I just said I was having some people over when I texted them all.  I didn’t tell them that I am throwing a birthday party for someone I’ve never met and who won’t be there.  So we will have to explain all of that craziness the day of the party.  But I think those of y’all coming will like them all a lot. 

I mentioned this last night and I’ll tell you the story now so you will know just how cool they are.  About 4 days after I broke my arm, an orthotics guy came to my house and put me in a body brace.  And I had to cut my shirts in half to wear clothes and it weighed a ton and it is now kind of hilarious, but that day I was miserable.  I had barely slept for 4 days because I was in so much pain so I had dark circles under my eyes, and I had not showered, washed my hair, put on makeup, etc. for 4 days.  I had on a monstrosity body brace, a heavy plaster cast from my neck to my elbow, my clothes were cut up, I had on a hat, and let me tell you that that is the evening my neighbors decided to walk up to my house and meet me for the very first time.  Thankfully, the husband was kind of drunk.  They invited me down for drinks and I thought, “what the hell” and went down there about an hour later.  But I didn’t drink because I was on Percocet every 4 hours and I didn’t want to, you know, die or anything.  I met some guys who were friends of theirs, their young daughter cried because she was walking past me and whacked her head on my stupid brace, and I made quite the first impression I imagine. 

But then two weeks later the wife texted me and asked me to come over on a Friday evening to eat pizza and have wine.  I explained that I had just gotten home from work and was already in my pajamas and it took me way too long and exhausted me to change clothes with that stupid brace on and asked if I could stop by later in the weekend.  We texted back and forth and then she called and said, “I’m standing at your front gate.  Come over in your pajamas.  Do you think we care?”  So I walked outside and there she was.  She grabbed me by the arm, walked me back to my front door, told me to turn my alarm on and come relax.  So I did.  I pranced right down the street in my pajamas and ate pizza and drank wine with almost total strangers.  And some more neighbors were there so I ate dinner with them in my pajamas and felt like a complete idiot but they honestly didn’t act like it was weird at all.  Okay, so now you know I have cool neighbors as well as crazy ones.  The 14th is going to be fun y'all!  I cannot wait!  And if you want to wear your pajamas, I will not care either.

Let’s move on to the Music Monday winners!  Heather, I’m so sorry but something is weird in your links and I couldn’t get them to work.  Am I the only one who couldn’t get them to work?  I have no idea what you submitted to be honest.  But thanks for playing this week!  Try again next Monday please!!!

Y'all had some great submissions again this week!  I'm sure Heather's were both winners and I HATE that I don't know what they were.  I had a difficult time choosing again.  Y'all are really awesome at this.  And to clarify, yes....you can submit as many songs as you want for now.  If by some miracle this contest gets super popular I may limit it down the road just because I may not have time, but for now submit to your heart's content! 

This is one of those weeks when the judge is going to tie for first place.

First place:

Amish Annie - Avett Brothers "I and Love and You"


Me - Frank Sinatra "Love and Marriage"  Come on y'all....how did none of you come up with that one?


Second Place goes to Just Paula - Barry White "My First, My Last, My Everything"

You cannot talk about relationships without including a little Barry White, am I right?



Third Place is another tie:

Helen for David Guetta featuring Usher "Without You"


And also to Lisa Pie for one of the most awesome things I've seen in a while:


And I have to give Just Paula an Honorable Mention for I am My Own Grandpa because it cracked me the heck up!



Okay, gotta run.  I have PT again tonight.  Mr. Google Maps was there with me again on Monday so I'll have to tell y'all about him again soon.

13 comments:

  1. Great post--makes total sense now, going to party in jammies. July 14 is Bastille Day, just saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm, I may have to work that into the party somehow....

      Delete
  2. Am I moving DOWN the list? Wasn't I tied for second last week? Now, I am tied for third?

    Who do I have to sleep with around here to get a first place?

    Hee!!!

    Love your posts Beverly, you are doing a great job. And I sooo wish I could join y'all for the party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure who you have to sleep with but I can promise you it's not me. Ha! Wish you could part with us too....

      Delete
  3. All you had to do was copy and paste them. It was Lyle Lovett's God Will, and Rory + Joey's Cheater Cheater. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise I tried that!!! There was a dot in the middle of the word tube (tu.be) and I even tried taking that dot out and couldn't get it to work. I am SO sorry!

      Delete
  4. Wooooooooooooo! I wasn't sure I understood the game (me = music challenged), but this was fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to thank my director Peter Bogdanovich and all the cast and crew that helped me on this film.

    What?
    Didn't I just win Best Actress?
    No?
    Music Monday you say?

    COOL!!!!!!!!!

    And I do loves me the Avett Brothers. Their music is good too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're blessed to have an awesome neighbor like that right next door. Good thing because I'm always prancing between the house and the garage (where the extra fridge is) in my shower wrap and she has to endure this sight if she happens to be glancing out her kitchen window.

    Wow, 3rd place on my first try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you have such fun neighbors. Excited about coming to the par-tay!

    JP winning again... now there's a surprise, not. :O) Congrats to y'all for the picks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll message you Saturday on my flight details.

      Delete
  8. Maybe neighbor's husband can help you get your lawn mower handle back on the mower.

    Cool about the PJ at the neighbor's party. Nothing like being all comfty when par-taying.

    Laurie, why don't you bring June with you to the party, that would be really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. June has a wedding to attend on the 14th. Sorry, Tee, I know y'all would like for her to come to Atlanta for a get together. I hope you'll still attend Bev's party. Looking forward to meeting you in person. :O)

    ReplyDelete