Tuesday, June 19, 2012

We're going to party like it's 2012. Not 1999. Because honestly, that year turned out not to be as exciting as I'd hoped.

11:25 p.m. and I'm finally finding time to post today.  It was a killer day if I'm being honest.

Before I start rambling on and on about Music Monday winners, let's talk about the Second Annual Atlanta Satellite Party for June's Birthday (that's way too long of a name).  It will be on Saturday, July 14 at my house.  It honestly doesn't matter to me what time we start, but I was thinking maybe around 2:00.  Would that work?  I have to pick up one of the guests from the airport (YES!  Someone is flying to Atlanta to party with us and I don't know if they want everyone to know so I won't say who it is and they can tell you in the comments if they want) and I'm not exactly sure what time the flight arrives.  I think 2:00 should be safe to start the party though.  You can show up at 8:00 a.m. if you want but I may leave you sitting on the porch.  Or I may be at the airport.  Or I'll let you in and you can fix all of the food while I sit and watch.  Or you can climb up on my roof and clean the gutters since that crackhead never showed up to work.  I have no idea what will be happening at what time to be honest.

And y'all can stay as late as you want.  I'll have some finger foods and if anyone has a favorite thing they can't possibly party without eating feel free to bring it, but please don't feel like you have to bring anything.  If you want to bring party props that would be awesome:  last year Sadie and Letha brought funny glasses full of bling, tiaras, boas, blow thingies, horns, etc. to the restaurant where we met.  I showed up empty handed because I'm awesome.  And then we had to ask our server to take pictures of us and she asked us which one of us was the birthday girl and, um, yeah.  That was awkward. 

"Well you see.  None of us is the birthday girl.  In fact, we just met each other 3 minutes ago and we're celebrating the birthday of someone who is not here and who we've never met in our entire lives.  She is in our computer.  And doesn't this sound like something totally normal people do?"

Actually, either Letha or Sadie kept it simple and said we were celebrating for a friend who was out of town and the server thought we were so sweet instead of certifiably insane and ready to be checked in somewhere.

If y'all stay late and we're hungry for something more substantial, we'll order pizza and watch my crazy neighbors.  Or go to the Mexican place right up the street that I've heard has a most excellent drag show on Saturday nights (I've never been to a drag show so I'm not sure what makes one excellent and another one not good).  Or we can go wander around Little 5 Points and find a plethora of crazy stuff to get involved in.  I live about a mile from there.  Or whatever else y'all can think of.

So that's the deal for the party.  I would love it if y'all will let me know if you're coming though so I don't buy a cake that will serve 84 people if only 3 of you are coming.  We MUST have cake.  If you're on facebook with me, you can send me a message there and I'll give you my address.  If you're not, send me an email at creativemoxie@gmail.com. 

Well, I guess it's time to move on to the winners of the Music Monday Contest.  And could y'all have made it a little more difficult for me to choose a winner?  Geez.  This was SO SO hard to choose.  And there is no need for me to share with you some of the ones I had in mind because they weren't nearly as good.

But this is what I decided:

FIRST PLACE:  It's a tie! 

Laurie for Stairway to Heaven (because how could that one not  win?)


Look what I found when searching for Stairway to Heaven.  Dolly Parton's version of it.  Who knew Dolly was singing Led Zeppelin?!  Did everyone else know about this except me?  I'm going to just say this:  I'll stick with Led Zeppelin and be happier.



And also Patti for Another Brick in the Wall


SECOND PLACE:  Another tie (seriously you guys were too good this week)!

Lisa Pie for Brick House by the Commodores


Laurie again for House of the Rising Sun


THIRD PLACE:

Scraps for Ring My Bell


 And I am not ever going to mail the winners an inflatable trophy as their prize!

Thanks for playing along again this week.  It's kind of dorky but fun, right?!


12 comments:

  1. Are you shitting me? Seriously? Brick House by the Commodores wasn't a winner?

    Hmmmpph. Well now, I just don't know about that.

    I would dearly love to come to Atlanta and attend your 2nd annual June's birthday bash, but I am going to have to decline. I am sure it will be a fabulous event and I hope to see lots of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually did have it as first place and then I kept going back and forth between a few of these songs and then it was almost 11:30 and I was tired, man. So I made a final decision and went with it because I just wanted to finally sit and relax for the first time since 7:30 a.m. and go to sleep. Ha!

      We'll miss you at the party!

      Delete
  2. For the Music Monday Contest, do we have to find the videos, or just the song? I am not as music-trivia-minded as you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can just leave a comment with the name(s) of the song(s) you want to submit. If a bunch of people have recorded it, you can leave the artist you want to use (or not). Some people link to the video but it's not necessary. I'm really not that picky as the "judge". Play with us next week!!!!

      Delete
  3. Waaaaaaa, I missed Music Monday. Ah, there's always next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will! I will suck, but I'll play!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beverly,
    I've put the 14th on my calendar. Hope to see you then.
    Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to come to the partay !!!! But, alas, I cannot, living in Ohio and all. But I will lift a glass to all of you and the lovely June Gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No matter which the student loan people mix for a restaurant using cell
    phone the student loan people. The best way to market your business on every piece of mail than they are already.


    Here is my web blog; Student Loans People

    ReplyDelete
  8. Common how to get rid of acne home remedies.
    So begin by using the pen device to blasts a stream of aluminum
    oxide crystals onto the skin, and other factors that instigate uric acid stones.

    ReplyDelete

  9. hi, your blog is so awesome as i never feel board while reading it. i also have my own blog on simcity buildit game where you can see how to get free simcash in the game and other various tips for simcity buildit game. please do visit the blog as it worth reading once.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello, i liked your article on this subject., actually i am also a blogger and now a days am writing on simcity buildit game you can get knowledge of how to get free sicmash in the simcity and multiple tips for simcity buildit i hope you will like it. thanks.

    ReplyDelete