Friday, June 1, 2012

What is with men and clothes?

I thought I would pop on and leave a little blog post before heading out to Chicago tomorrow (I'm in Ohio) for a wedding. I just finished torturing my husband by making him find - and show me - what he's planning on wearing to said wedding. Good thing I did! Here's how the scenario went:

Me: Have you picked out what you're wearing to the wedding yet? You were supposed to do that yesterday. You do know the wedding is tomorrow, right?
Him: Oh yeah. I forgot. I will do that this evening.
Me: You're not going to bed until it's done.

Three hours later.....

Him: How does this look? (Holds up gray Dockers and a black short sleeved shirt that has multiple pockets and buttons).
Me: A little too casual. I think you should dress up a bit more.
Him: I'm not wearing a suit.
Me: No, you don't have to wear a suit. Go look again and give me another option.

A few minutes later...

Him: How's this? (Wearing black slacks - too tight - and a white short sleeved Oxford shirt). And I was thinking I could dress it up with the Star Trek tie or the Peppy LePew one. (This is him being funny).
Me: There is no way you can wear those pants. Can you even sit down in them?
Him: No, maybe not.
Me: Ok, I'm getting up to look at your closet with you! (Which, let's face it, is what he wanted in the first place).

Back at the closet....

Me: What's the matter with these pants?
Him: Those are ok.
Me: And this shirt and a tie.
Him: Ok, how about the solid black tie?
Me: No, you'll look like a waiter. How about this striped one?
Him: Ok that will work.
Me: Now find clothes for the other two days that we'll be in Chicago.
Him: Can't you do that - you're already back here!

Grrrr.

I hope I make it through this weekend.
Have a good one!
Mary

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an episode of What Not To Wear...good job, Stacey!
    Enjoy the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! Some men are clueless when it comes to appropriate clothing. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear. I've only been married 5 years, and last summer I learned this lesson the hard way! We got to a wedding in West Palm Beach and he pulled out his shirt... and it had HUGE pit stains on it. It looked like it was 10 years old. I asked him, "WHAT made you think this was wearable in the slightest?" He had no answer. Sigh. So he had to keep his blazer on the whole time. In Florida.

    I pick out all his clothes now. It's just easier that way.

    ReplyDelete