Monday, June 11, 2012

Kids. They're kind of easy to lose.

Guess what?

Crackhead did not show up to clean my gutters yesterday.  I know....shocking.  Not.

Guess what else?

I get to mail out more overnight packages today.  I know....exciting.  Not. 

Guess what else, part 2?

My 13 pound cat jumped off the back of the sofa right onto my face last night, back claws out, and sliced my cheek.  I know....attractive.  Not.  One of those times it's good I have the crazy curly hair to cover up my face.

Let's get straight to the Music Monday Contest since I have to mail out more packages and I have a high school intern coming to help me in a few minutes with cleaning up some files in my office space (because I've been deemed a "special project" by my firm - I know.....shocking again.  Not.  It's because my doctor won't let me lift heavy things yet so I can't move boxes full of files).

It came out in the news this weekend that recently the British Prime Minister and his wife drove home and left their 8-year-old daughter behind at a pub.  They forgot one of their kids, y'all.  So that's our theme this week!  The songs you submit must contain one of the following words (or a variation of these words) in the title:  Britain, Prime, Minister, left, behind, forgot, daughter/child, or pub/bar.  As a reminder, you can submit as many songs as you wish, link to a video of it if you want, etc.

I have a few songs in mind, but let's see what y'all come up with.

I will never mail this week's winner the following prize:  a blood bath - bath mat.  Y'all, I kind of want one of these to put in my guest bathroom to freak people out.  Don't you think it would be hilarious? 

4 comments:

  1. Well, obviously, Mother and Child Reunion has to be mentioned. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXsyXjZPvGU

    And I'll mention a slightly more obscure one: In the Bar Tonight, which was one of the songs I pulled for my drinking-themed podcast ages ago. http://www.musicalley.com/music/listeners/artistdetails.php?BandHash=89760a49830f36d0a5ada3b4e55c9df9

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed out on the last one, so here goes-

    I Left My Heart in San Francisco... and my kid at the pub
    I Forgot to Remember to Forget...'cuz I'm old
    Behind Blue Eyes
    Sweet Child O Mine

    Am also shocked.Not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Prime Minister's Daughter by Library Voices: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a_NQ2kapS0

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, I prefer Red Solo Cup, but Toby Keith's I Love This Bar is ok too:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fulz4ytZ54

    ReplyDelete